
Nedzingė, parsonage
54.246956, 24.328221
Pictures
Description
The parish of Nedzingė was established in 1845. The first parson there was the priest Vincas Kochanskis; he was replaced by Sigizmundas Laurinavičius. In 1866, only 72 residents (50 Catholics, 20 Jews, 2 Orthodox people), a county board, a school (established in 1865) and a brewery were in Nedzingė. There were 3489 inhabitants in the county. The parson Andriuškevičius was allowed to repair the church at his own expense from 7 to 10 August 1874. At the end of the 19th century, a new wooden manor house with mezzanine was built. Until 1894, every third Sunday, the services were held in the Lithuanian language, later, when the parson was the priest Eigintas Jakubauskas, only in Polish. After the investigation of Nedzingė in 1997 (architect N. Steponaitytė), it was found that the village has a peculiar plan of the old part, it contains valuable buildings, it is characterized by non-standard interaction of three complexes – manor house, old settlement and church buildings. It was proposed to give Nedingė the status of a municipal cultural value. There are boundaries of protected areas, valuable elements of the plan and order.
Map
Distance from your mobile device to the object: